Maura Morales, born in Camaguey/Cuba, finished her apprenticeship in classical and modern ballet training, choreography, acting, and folkloric dance at the National Art College Camaguey/Cuba.
At the moment Maura Morales is working freelance as a dancer, choreographer, actress and guest trainer for contemporary dance.
- Creation of the piece “Blinzeln Zwinkern und Drehen”, a guest choreography of Vorpommern Ballet Company
- Creation of the piece “Phaidra- The Virtuosity of Pain” with the COOPERATIVA MAURA MORALES
- Performance of “City of the Blind”at the “International Dancecongress in Hannover
- Invitation for a ”Creative Lab” and a performance at “Deltebre- Dancefestival”/Spain
- Invitation to represent Germany at the Festivals “SKORO German Dance” in St. Petersburg, such as at the “19th Contemporary Dance Festival of Cyprus”.
- Performances of “Wunschkonzert” at the “Heidelberg Tanzbiennale Festival”, such as at the “MOT International Theatre Festival in Skopje, Macedonia
- Creation of the piece “Stadt der Blinden” with the COOPERATIVA MAURA MORALES
- Winner of the DURI- award at the international dance festival ACT in Bilbao/Spain
- Invitation for a presentation of three different pieces at the “International Balletfestival “Oldenburger Tanztage”
- Tour with “Sisyphos war eine Frau” through German cities Düsseldorf, Bonn, Braunschweig, Mülheim/Ruhr, Bonn, Münster, Oldenburg
- Tour with the Solo “Wunschkonzert” at the “Festival de Liege/Belgien, at CAS (centro de las artes de Sevilla), at the ACT Festival Bilbao, at the 5th International Solo-dance-festival/Bonn
- awarded the “Cultural Prize of the City of Dusseldorf” in the category “Performing Arts”
- Creation of the piece “Sisyphos war eine Frau” with the COOPERATIVA MAURA MORALES, with the premiere at “MOVE-Festival”/Krefeld followed by a tour through Germany
- Tour with the Solo “Wunschkonzert” in Mülheim/Ruhr, International Dance Festival in Urban Landscape DANSE PEI Reunion Island, Festival Internacional de Teatro y Artes de Calle in Valladolid/Spain, FRESH-Festival am Staatstheater Braunschweig, BE FESTIVAL C/O Birmingham Repertory Theatre, Galpão Gamboa”, Rio de Janeiro/Brasil
- Creation of the ensemble production “El baile de San Vito” as “Choreographer in Residence” as part of “Tanztheater International” / Hanover
- Winner of the prestigious Kurt Jooss Prize with “Wunschkonzert”
- Guest performances with the “Wunschkonzert” at the Festspielhaus in St. Pölten / Austria, as well as in Dusseldorf and Munster at the Dance Festival “tanzNRW13″
- At the invitation of the Cuban ballet company »Endedans” Morales created the piece “palillos 40 x 10 pesos” for the 20-member ensemble and it brings in Camaguey / Cuba premiered
- Creation and premiere of the full-length solo piece “Wunschkonzert,” sponsored by the Ministry for Family, Youth, Culture and Sports of North Rhine-Westphalia and the NRW Art Foundation in collaboration with theaterimballsaal / Bonn with guest performances in Essen and Hanover
- Guest performance with the Solo »Ella« at Festspielhaus St. Pölten/Austria and in Jena, as well as with »Hypochonder« in Belgium and Spanien
- Engagement as a dancer at “artsenico”/ Dortmund
- Kreation and premiere of the piece »Haut« together with Felix Landerer
- Audiance award for »Ella« at the festival 638 Kilo Tanz/Essen
- Invitation to La Réunion, Saragossa andTeneriffa/Teatro Victoria with the solos »Ella« and »Hypochonder«
- Engagement for the new production »I´ve seen it all« of Cocoondance
- Wiederaufnahme von »Sleeping Beauty« (Dornröschen) in Barcelona
- Audience Award for »Ella« at the Festival 638 Kilo Tanz.
- Choreographer and performer for the modern theatre piece »Sleeping Beauty«, a co-production with »Project Galilé« and Mercat de les Flors in Barcelona.
- 1st prize Winner of the International competition of Hannover together with Felix Landerer with the duo »Suits«.
- Invitations to the international Festival of Cadiz en Danza, to the FeniceFestival NineArts/Siena 2010, to the Festival Empape/A Coruña, to the Memory Wax City Hoppers/Malmö and to the Festival de Artes Escenicas Nocte Graus with the solos »Ella« and »Hypochondriac«.
- Invitation to perform at the Museum Guggenheim in Bilbao for the jubilee of the city of Bilbao
- Invitation to present her solo pieces at the intenational dance festival »bcstx‘09« Tantarantana / Mercat de les Flors in Barcelona, at the »Festival internacional de teatro y artes escénicas de Sevilla, feSt« and »Dies de Dansa« in Barcelona
- Employed as a choreographer with the »Endedans« company in Camaguey/Cuba
- Employed with »COCOONDANCE« in Bonn
- Presentation of her ﬁrst feature-length piece »Was wäre wenn?« both at the Contemporary Dancefestival of Winterthur/Switzerland and at the International Dancetheater VII in Reutlingen/Germany
- Dancer and Choreographer at the Lucky Trimmer Dance Performance series in Berlin, at the Choreographische Forum »Die Tonne« in Reutlingen, such as in the dance movie »Chord« by Simon Rauh
- Audience Award for the Best Solodance Performance at the International Contemporary Dance Festival of the Canary Islands with a following extended tour all over the Canary Islands
- Employed as a dancer with the DIN A 13 dance company under Gerda König in Cologne as well as with Artscenico under Rolf Dennemann in Dortmund
- Invitation to present her piece »Miss Sorry« at the International Dance Theater V in Reutlingen.
- Finalist at the International Internet Dance Award side-by-side in Düsseldorf
- Second Prize (Choreography) at the 11. Internationales Solo-Tanz-Theater-Festival in Stuttgart, starts to work as a freelance dancer and choreographer
2005 – 2007
- Employed as a solodancer with the Staatstheater Darmstadt under Mei Hong Lin and guest choreographers Katrín Hall and Jochen Ulrich
2001 – 2004
- Employed as a solodancer with the Staatstheater Oldenburg under Martin Stiefermann, cooperation with Tamás Huronics, Marianela Boán and Guy Weizman & Rony Haver
- Engagement with the Theater Basel under Joachim Schlömer, invitation by the Teatro del Espacio Interior to work as a choreographer at the Camaguey Dance Festival in Cuba
1997 – 1999
- Engagements with the Odeon-Theater in Vienna under Erwin Piplitz and Carlota Ikeda, works as a freelance dancer in Vienna
- Finalist at the choreographic competition Abraxas Theater in Augsburg
- As a member of the Teatro de la Danza de Cuba, invitation to the Wiener Festwochen ensuing tours allover Austria
1995 – 1996
- Engagement with the Teatro de la Danza de Cuba under Guillermo Horta
1991 – 1993
- Various engagements as a ballet dancer with the national theatres Ballet Nacional de Havana and Ballet de Santiago de Cuba, engagement with the Ballet el Sodre in Montevideo/Uruguay, and with the experimental theatre ensemble Teatro del Espacio Interior in Camaguey